24 April 2007

A Token of Sadness

Melancholy has set in
Its source is unknown
Its not depression, I think
Just a passage of sadness

Happy thoughts remembered
Gives pause for thought today
Where is that elusive entity
That makes me feel alive

There is much to be thankful
I must always reflect upon that
I am continually grateful
At the blessing received from above

Those thoughts alone
Help me rise to the occasion
They give me hope
For better things, indeed, to come

I am learning to separate
The depression from the sadness
A necessary lesson to manage bipolar
It’s OK to be sad when its presence is temporary

In this gloomy space I can see the light
And know that this is just a transient moment
That lightens the burden in itself
The rainbow up above brings a smile to my face

©2007

No comments:

Post a Comment