05 May 2007

The Brewing Storm



The electrical storm brews in the air
The flash of piercing light slashes the dark
The clash of roaring thunder screams through the silence
The pouring water rinses clean the air

Then the atmosphere quiets the earth
The sun begins its ascent for another day
The birds all chirp in unison
What will this new dawn bring

The earthworms struggle to the surface
As I scratch to find my way up
Too soon the brilliance scorches these creatures
Burnt upon the hardness of the cement

I rise with hopes of a new future
Bright with promise of a new beginning
One that brings its guarantee of peace
A stillness within my heart

The power of the past that haunts me
Its presence grows far from my spirit
The memories fade in the distance
The pain erased from my soul

©2007

No comments:

Post a Comment